Local Authority Regulatory Support
As a local authority, we have an extensive knowledge of the responsibilities that Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 places on local authorities. In order to comply with this legislation, contaminated land inspection strategies must be developed, maintained and delivered by local authorities to ensure that the public is protected from risk of harm from contaminated land.
Specialised services for local authorities
We can offer specialist environmental consultancy services to local authorities across the UK, helping them fulfill their statutory duties under Part IIA Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Our services include:
- Part IIA contaminated land inspection strategy support
- Strategic and detailed site inspections and reports
- Expert advice on human health issues
- 3rd party review of technical reports submitted as part of the planning process.
- Generic quantitative risk assessments
- Detailed quantitative risk assessments
- Groundwater risk assessments
- Training, coaching and systems advice on managing contaminated land
An unparalleled understanding of local authority statutory requirements
As a fellow local authority we have intimate knowledge of the Part IIA process through our own statutory work and are fully aware of the current challenges facing regulators in an uncertain economic climate.
We deal with nearly 2000 planning applications a year and actively work with environmental consultants, developers and other agencies in order to facilitate high quality, safe development.
As we are consultees to one the largest planning authorities in the country, you can trust that we have the experience and capacity to provide contaminated land services for your local authority.
If you would like to find out more about our regulatory support services please contact us to discuss your needs.